Today is National Business Women Day and to celebrate we have compiled a list of quotes from success women in leadership positions.
“Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” —Michelle Obama, Former First Lady of the United States of America
- “As a leader, it’s a major responsibility on your shoulders to practice the behavior you want others to follow.” — Himanshu Bhatia, Founder and CEO, Rose International.
- “Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference.” — Alison Pincus, co-founder, One Kings Lane
- “When you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.” —Hillary Clinton, The Clinton Foundation and former Secretary of State
- “Leadership is the ability to guide others without force into a direction or decision that leaves them still feeling empowered and accomplished.” — Lisa Cash Hanson, Snuggwugg CEO
- “Find the smartest people you can and surround yourself with them.” — Marissa Meyer, CEO, Yahoo!
- “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” — Sara Blakely, founder, Spanx
- “Your job as leader is to stay as close in touch as possible with those closest to the action.” — Kat Cole, president, Focus Brands
- “True leadership stems from individuality that is honestly and sometimes imperfectly expressed… Leaders should strive for authenticity over perfection.” — Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
- “Build something you’re passionate about. As an entrepreneur, you have to have the passion and drive to stay the course.” — Alexandra Chong, CEO and founder, Lulu
- “If you are committed to creating value and if you aren’t afraid of hard times, obstacles become utterly unimportant. A nuisance perhaps, but with no real power. The world respects creation; people will get out of your way.” — Candice Carpenter Olson, Co-CEO, Fullbridge